A RESPONSE TO MAJOR STRATEGIC CHALLENGES
From the bridge to the engine room to the port infrastructures, the operation of a modern ship uses industrial and information systems to position itself, communicate, transmit orders to the engine or be informed of any anomaly on board. This digitisation, a performance vector, also increases the maritime world’s attack area: the paralysis of a port, intrusion attempts or modification of a ship’s capacities can have major financial, human, technological and environmental consequences.
EXPERTISE SOUGHT TO COUNTER CURRENT ATTACKS AND DETECT FUTURE THREATS
The specialized master’s degree “Cybersecurity of maritime and port systems” meets a strong need of maritime companies and players. The training enriches your professional profile with an expertise that is still rare on the market.
Do you wish to evolve within your company, strengthen your skills or direct your career towards a new field?
Become a specialist in cybersecurity capable of designing, defending and operating systems specific to the maritime and port fields.
The future graduates of this training will be able to work in the military or civil sector, with shipyards, shipowners, or industrial groups in the maritime and port sector.
– Information Systems Security Officer (CISO)
– Security Administrator
– Security Architect
– Security Project Manager
– Cybersecurity auditor, controller, evaluator
– Incident Response Expert
– Safety integrator
– Business Continuity Plan Manager (BCPM)
– Cyber Crisis Management Specialist
Teaching by lecturers from 4 engineering schools and professionals with expertise in cybersecurity and the maritime and port sector.
– A set of courses, practical work and a cross-disciplinary project in direct contact with players from the maritime world and the chair of cyber defence of naval systems.
– Visits to ships and port infrastructures to understand the diversity of problems in the field. A 5-month mission in a company to reinforce skills and facilitate professional integration.
– An exceptional training environment: delivered in the heart of the industrial fabric of Brest, which brings together the major players in the maritime sector (Thales, Naval Group, World Maritime Campus, Ifremer, SHOM, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, etc.), the specialized Master’s degree is supported by the French Navy, the Cluster Maritime Français, Armateurs de France, Brittany Ferries, Diateam and ECA.
A certified training course:
– Fundamentals and introduction to maritime cybersecurity
– Cybersecurity in the maritime world: organisation, norms and standards
– Integration of cybersecurity in maritime projects, cybersecurity in everyday life
– Software and network cyber security
– Cybersecurity of industrial systems and components
– Cyber defence: detection, reaction, resilience
– Cybersecurity of tidetics Industrial project
– Professional Thesis
- Analyze vulnerabilities and threats to computer and digital systems
- Define the technical characteristics of equipment and infrastructures
- Prepare and conduct safety audits
- Designing operational procedures for monitoring, protection and cyber interventions
- Leading teams in a cyber crisis context
- Advising heads of military programs or civilian investments
Support from professionals
4 PARTNER SCHOOLS
Grande école of general engineering, internationally recognized for its research in digital, energy and environment. IMT Atlantique belongs to the Institut Mines-Télécom and depends on the Ministry in charge of Industry and Digital.
World-class engineering school and research centre for innovation in the maritime, defence and high-tech sectors. ENSTA Bretagne is part of the French Ministry of the Armed Forces and trains 80% civil engineers and experts and 20% military engineers.
THE NAVAL SCHOOL
The Naval Academy is a major military and maritime school that trains officers who are both sailors and engineers. The Naval Academy is also at the forefront of research and innovation in the field of cybersecurity applied to the maritime world.
ENSM is an engineering school that provides higher education in the maritime and marine engineering fields. It trains Merchant Navy officers and engineers in the field of ship eco-management and offshore systems.
– Bac+4 with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
– by way of derogation: bac+4 without professional experience or bac+3 with at least 3 years of professional experience
Selection on file and interview
Applications open from January
Contact / Cost of training
Contact / Cost of training
– from 9,900 euros
– administrative fees of 100 euros
Funding opportunities exist.
Information and registration :
Indicative calendar :
– Training in schools: September to March
– Company mission: April to August