THE ANSWER TO KEY STRATEGIC CHALLENGES
From the bridge, the engine-room to port infrastructures, operation of a modern ship relies on industrial and information systems for the ship navigation, communication, sending orders to the engine-room or to be informed about possible faults on board. This digitisation, as a performance tool, also increases the likelihood of an attack in the maritime world: a port paralysed, intrusion attempts or altering a ship’s abilities may have major financial, human, technological and environmental consequences.
Aims of the program
Experts are needed to counter attacks today and detect future threats
The specialized Master’s degree “Cybersecurity for maritime and port systems” (Post-masters degree) answers to a strong demand from maritime companies and stakeholders. The program and its certification will enhance a professional profile, providing you with a unique and still uncommon expertise in the industry.
Are you looking for a change within your company, willing to strengthen your skills or ready for a career move?
Become an Expert in cybersecurity, able to design, protect and operate IT systems specific to the maritime and port sectors.
Students graduating from this program may work within the military or the civil industry, for shipyards, shipowners, or industrial groups in the maritime and port sectors.
- Information Systems Security Officer (CISO)
- Security Administrator
- Security Architect
- Security Project Manager
- Cybersecurity auditor, surveyor, inspector
- Incident Response Expert
- Security integrator
- Business Continuity Plan Manager (BCPM)
- Cyber Crisis Management Expert
Content is delivered by professors/researchers from four Engineering Academies and professionals with experience in cybersecurity and the maritime and port sectors.
- A series of training courses, practical work and a cross-disciplinary project in direct contact with stakeholders from the maritime industry and the Research Chair on cyberdefense for naval systems.
- Visits to ships and port infrastructures to understand the diversity of problems in real life. A 5-month mission in a company to strengthen skills and support professional integration.
- An exceptional training environment: the Master is taught in highly industrial port city of Brest, which boasts a rich network of key stakeholders from the maritime industry (Thales, Naval Group, World Maritime Campus, Ifremer, SHOM, Pôle Mer Bretagne Atlantique, etc.) and is supported by the French Navy, the Cluster Maritime Français, Armateurs de France, Brittany Ferries, Diateam and ECA.
A Training program recognised by:
- Basic knowledge and introduction to maritime cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity in maritime: organisation, regulations and standards
- Integration of cybersecurity in maritime projects, cybersecurity in everyday life
- Software and network cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity of industrial systems and components
- Cyberdefense: detection, reaction, resilience
- Cybersecurity of tidal power projects
- Expert Thesis
- Analyze vulnerabilities and threats to computer and digital systems
- Define the technical characteristics of equipment and infrastructures
- Prepare and perform security audits
- Design operational procedures for monitoring, protection and cyber interventions
- Lead teams in a cyber crisis context
- Advise bodies in charge of military or civilian investment projects
Support from Experts
FOUR PARTNER SCHOOLS
“Grande école” for general engineering, internationally recognized for its Research in digital, energy and environment. IMT Atlantique belongs to the Institut Mines-Télécom and comes under the Ministry in charge of Industry and Digital.
World renowned Engineering Academy and Research centre for innovation in maritime, defense and high-tech sectors. ENSTA Bretagne is part of the French Ministry of the Armed Forces and trains 80% civil engineers and experts and 20% military engineers.
THE NAVAL SCHOOL
The Naval Academy is a major military and maritime school training officers working are both navigation officers and engineers. The Naval Academy is also at the forefront of research and innovation related to cybersecurity applied to the maritime industry.
ENSM, the French Merchant Navy Academy
ENSM is an Engineering Academy that provides higher education in the maritime and marine engineering fields. It offers programs for Merchant Navy officers and engineers specialised in ship eco-management and offshore systems.
Open to candidates with following qualifications:
– Baccalaureat +5 year titles (Master of advanced studies DEA or DESS),
– Bac+4 titles with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience
– supported by relevant exemption: bac+4 titles without professional experience or bac+3 titles with at least 3 years of professional experience
Candidates selected on records and interview
Applications from January
Contact / Tuition fees
Contact / Cost of training
– from 9,900 euros
– administrative fees of 100 euros
Funding grants might be available.
Information and registration :
Indicative calendar :
– Program delivered in schools: September to March
– Mission within a company: April to August