The Specialised Master « Life Cycle Assessment of Ship (MS LICAS) » aims at training experts of the life cycle of ship sector, in both research and development and project management. The Specialised Master LICAS will enable access to positions such as engineers or designers in a design office, engineers in charge of the environment, QSE engineers in a shipyard, design office or shipping company.
This diploma (six years after the baccalaureat) carried by Centrale Nantes, Ecole Navale and ENSM, approved by the Grandes Ecoles Conference, will welcome students in initial training as well as students in ongoing education wishing to gain an expertise, a double competence or wishing to further in a sector in order to evolve professionally.
Training / Programme
The duration of the training will span over a full year and will be organised as follows :
– 420 hours of lectures between 1st October and 28 February
– An internship for a professional thesis, lasting around 6 months, between 1st March and 30 September
The course is composed of only compulsory modules without any options
Semester 1 :
– Focus 1 : Environment, eco-design and life cycle (Life Cycle Analysis) (120 hours – 17 ECTS)
Methodology Life Cycle Analysis (ACV), tools in eco-design, basics in environment sciences and management of a product life span
– Focus 2 : Ship construction economy and corporate social responsibility (60 hours – 6 ECTS)
Mapping of maritime actors involved in Life Cycle Analysis. Circular economy.
– Focus 3 : Technological and industrial aspects of the life cycle, construction/scrapping (60 hours – 6 ECTS)
Families and choices of materials. Recycling and treatment of wastes from ships at the end of their life
– Focus 4 : Regulation (60 hours – 5 ECTS)
Legal and statutory framework. Environment laws. Regulation for ship’s cycle
– Focus 5 : Project management (120 hours – 11 ECTS)
Integrated management : quality, safety and environment. Environmental analysis and management. Basics in project management and organisational tools. The lectures will be accompanied by a college project
Semester 2 :
A 6-month practical within a company, validated by the viva of a professional thesis
Lecturers and Corporate Partners
Lecturers from three academies : Centrale Nantes, ENSM and Ecole Navale will deliver lectures during the whole course
Industrials are very much involved, via specific lectures, within projects but also in the recruitment and selection of the candidates.
INFORMATION / TRAINING COST
The lectures will take place in Nantes, at Centrale Nantes and ENSM.
A 2-week study visit at Ecole Navale in Brest will be paid for by the three academies.
Training course fees :
– Individual : €9,600
– Ongoing training : €16,000
End of June
: 1st recruitment session
Beginning of September : 2nd recruitment session
Beginning of October : lectures start