Refresher Course: Certificate of Proficiency in Operation of Fast Rescue Boats (CAECSR)
Persons holding a Certificate of proficiency in the operation of fast rescue boats (CAECSR), which has reached its 5-year expiry date.
– A certificate of proficiency in the operation of fast rescue boats (CAECSR)
– Documentation showing training was received on board, less than five years old, recognised by shipowner (allow for a reduction in teaching hours).
– A medical certificate from the seafarers’ doctor showing Fit for work, less than 12 months old
Establish that skills and competences are still efficient, in accordance with the decree dated 24 July 2013 related to the reaccreditation of professional maritime training certificates and STCW convention Manilla Amendments 24 June 2010.
8 hours over a day, including 2 hours of class teaching and 6 hours of practice.
Minimum 5 / Maximum 6
Decree dated 24 July 2013 related to the reaccreditation of professional maritime training certificates
STCW convention section A-VI/2 table A-VI/2.2
Class teaching :
– Rescue boats, key points
– Launching and retrieving
– Manoeuvring a fast rescue boat
– Launching and manoeuvring in unfavourable conditions
– Rescue methods with an helicopter
– Portable radio equipment
Practical training :
– Operational availability of a rescue boat
– Practice launching and retrieving a rescue boat
– Dealing with capsizing
– Manoeuvring at slow and high speeds
CESAME in Saint-Malo
End of course assessment
Statement leading to the issuance of an STCW certificate
Certification/statement issuance rate
The certification / attestation rate for this training is 100%
Find a course