Deck Watchkeeping Officer is a job with responsibilites :
– Ensuring safe navigation
– Making sure that the international regulations to prevent collisions are respected
– Participating in the commercial operations when the vessel is berthed (loading)
– Preparing the next voyage passage plan
– Participating in managing medical care
The officer in charge of the bridge watchkeeping in the merchant navy is recruited as a deck officer. He/she is a civilian seafarer in the merchant navy. He/she reports to the captain.
The OCQPI will be able to navigate under any flag, sail on all the seas, with multicultural crews. They aim at sailing on cruise liners, yachts and at working Offshore.
Programme – Schéma des études
Registration for the academic year 2019-2020 are closed for this year.
The registration in 1st year will be on condition that :
– You obtain a TOEIC score over or equal to 650. Pay attention to the fact that only the tests taken after March 31th 2018 will be taken into consideration. You can gather complementary information on the TOEIC test.
– You hold a 50m freestyle swimming certificate
Informations / Contact
Download the International Deck Watchkeeping Officer flyer
Le Havre campus : +33(0)9 70 00 03 80
Contact : email@example.com