International Deck Watchkeeping Officer
The French Maritime Academy (ENSM) offers an International Deck Watchkeeping Officer training course in Le Havre.
Deck Watchkeeping Officer is a job with responsibilites :
- Ensuring safe navigation
- Making sure that the international regulations to prevent collisions are respected
- Participating in the commercial operations when the vessel is berthed (loading)
- Preparing the next voyage passage plan
- Participating in managing medical care
The officer in charge of the bridge watchkeeping in the merchant navy is recruited as a deck officer. He/she is a civilian seafarer in the merchant navy. He/she reports to the captain.
The OCQPI will be able to navigate under any flag, sail on all the seas, with multicultural crews. They aim at sailing on cruise liners, yachts and at working Offshore.
The course will last three years and will be a certificated course. A significant part will be taught in English.
Conditions of registration and admission:
The selection, on the basis of applications, is open to holders of their end of school diploma and to pupils in their last year of high school, on condition that they obtain their end of school diploma. It is recommended for the candidates who haven’t followed a school specialisation in Sciences or who haven’t done any higher studies or any preparatory class, to apply for the preparatory class to the OCQPI degree course in order to bring up to standard any weaknesses which could impede the admission in the degree course the following year.
The registration in 1st year will be on condition that :
- You obtain a TOEIC score over or equal to 650. Pay attention to the fact that only the tests taken after March 31th 2017 will be taken into consideration. You can gather complementary information on the TOEIC test.
- You hold a 50m freestyle swimming certificate
Registration for the academic year 2018-2019 are opened on this website, until 30 March 2018.
Download the International Deck Watchkeeping Officer flyer
Le Havre campus : +33(0)9 70 00 03 80
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org