These two years, M1 and M2, are accessible on records :
– following the first three years of ENSM’s engineer-level title,
– following the « degree 3 » year of marine engineering open in Nantes to the successful candidates of the competitive exam “Banque PT”
– to the holders of merchant navy level II title or above (DESMM,Chief engineer 8000 kW, Chief Engineer, Captain, ocean-going vessels watchkeeping officers)
– to the holders of a degree in a scientific or technical field.
The general domains which are addressed are the protection of the maritime environment, the management of the high-risk systems, entrepreneurship, regulations, human and social sciences, labour law or professional English. The technical domains taught are specific to each of the options. The option is selected during the first two months of the course.
Le parcours EGN
The job opportunities are consulting engineer for a shipping company or shipyard, referent engineer within a classification society, consulting engineer for an administration or a company involved in the “clean ship” concept.
This course is delivered on the Nantes campus, city where the academic and industrial environment creates favourable conditions to the development of marine engineering activities, from both training and research and innovation and production point of view.
The French Maritime Academy connected with the main actors of the Pays de la Loire region which blooms with maritime companies specialised in MRE and construction.
In addition to the lectures delivered at the Academy, the students attend conferences such as :
– FWP (floating wind power),
– Ocean Energy Europe.