CERTIFICAT GÉNÉRAL D’OPÉRATEUR
Radio Communication Operators on board ship operating radios in the context of GMDSS in all sea areas.
Basic Knowledge of English.
Acquire the necessary competence to operate safely and efficiently the ship radio station and the emergency radio on lifeboats.
Number of trainees
Minimum 6 /maximum 8
72 hours / 10 days (2 weeks)
Decree of 15 July 1999 concerning the prerogatives as well as the conditions for issuing necessary certificates of competency for the exercise of functions relative to radio communications in the global maritime distress and safety system. (GMDSS)
– Basic knowledge of the characteristics of maritime satellite system and the global maritime distress safety system (Inmarsat – Cospas)
– Detailed practical knowledge and ability to use the basic communication equipment of a ship station (VHF – MF – HF)
– Miscellaneous knowledge and operational procedures relatif to general communication
– One week of theoretical training
– One week of simulator training
Le Havre, Marseille
End of course assessment
3 tests (written, oral, pratical)
Accreditation leading to the delivery of an STCW certificate