GENERAL OPERATOR CERTIFICATE GMDSS
Radio Communication Operators on board ship operating GMDSS radio equipment in all sea areas.
Basic Knowledge of English.
Obtain the required competence to operate safely and efficiently the ship radio station and the emergency radios on lifeboats.
Minimum 6 /maximum 8
72 hours / 10 days (2 weeks)
Decree of 15 July 1999 concerning the prerogatives as well as the conditions for issuing necessary certificates of competency for the exercise of functions relative to radio communications in the global maritime distress and safety system. (GMDSS)
– Basic knowledge of the characteristics of maritime satellite system and the Global Maritime Distress Safety System (Inmarsat – Cospas)
– Detailed practical knowledge and ability to use the basic communication equipment of a ship station (VHF – MF – HF)
– General knowledge and operational procedures for general communications
– One week of theoretical training
– One week of simulator training
Le Havre, Marseille
End of course assessment
3 tests (written, oral, practical)
statement for the issuance of an STCW certificate
The satisfaction rate for this training is 82%.
Certification/statement issuance rate
The certification / statement issuance rate for this training is 100%