POLITIQUE INTERNATIONALE DE L’ENSM
The Erasmus+ programme aims at supporting actions in the fields of education, training, youth and sports for the 2014-2020 period. Erasmus+ supports financially a wide range of actions and activities in the fields of education, training, youth and sports.
The programme’s objective is to give students, trainees, personnels and generally the under 30, with or without a diploma, the opportunity to spend some time abroad to strengthen their competences and increase their chances to get a job. It helps organisations to work within international partnerships and to share innovative practices in the fields of education, training and youth.
The French Maritime Academy (ENSM) is a public institution with a scientific, cultural and vocational nature, constituted as a major institution. The Academy was created on 1 October 2010, in accordance with the decree 2010-1129 dated 28 September 2010 amended by the decree 2011-889 dated 26 July 2011.
The French Maritime Academy’s main goal is to deliver higher scientific, technical and general training courses, especially of merchant navy officers and engineering, in the fields of activities of maritime economy and port sectors, maritime and inland navigation, transports, industry, fisheries and aquaculture, environment and sustainable development.
In its domains of competences, the Academy carries out actions of research and technological development through partnerships with other French and foreign research and higher education organisations. It participates in the dissemination of knowledge.
The Academy delivers initial and continuing training necessary to the delivery of maritime vocational training titles in order to work onboard merchant, fishing vessels as well as pleasure ships commissioned with a” permis d’armement” in accordance with provisions in force
It also delivers continuing education courses in the aforementioned fields and in expertise domains.
The ENSM is certified ISO 9001-2015, and conforms to the decree n° 2015-790 dated 30 June 2015 on the quality of actions of continuing vocational training.
LES CURSUS À L’ENSM
The Academy delivers also engineer-level training in marine engineering through two courses, Eco ship manager (EGN) and Offshore maintenance manager (DMO)
Lastly, the ENSM focuses its research and development work on three themes :
Maritime safety and security, energy efficiency and protection of the environment.
Partnerships have already been developed with maritime academies and higher education institutions in France, in Europe as well as overseas. The choice of partnerships with non-maritime higher education institutions is guided by different criterias of which :
– In France, the geographic proximity, in the case of courses developed with, for example, Le Havre and Nantes Universities, ENSTA ParisTech and Centrale Nantes, École Navale
– In France, Europe and overseas, the coherence between the courses and/or with the three main axis of research developed at the Maritime Academy.
The European and overseas partners will be fore and foremost chosen within the maritime institutions and academies of the member countries or programme partners.
L’ENSM ET ERASMUS +
– the selected students in the concerned programme
– the lecturers delivering lectures in all fields, in initial and continuing education
– the lecturers taking part in projects and research on the shared themes.
As far as internships are concerned, the ERASMUS + programme will apply to all the students :
– The officer cadets must carry out internships onboard
– The marine engineering students have a 6-month internship to carry out in a company
By signing on to the programme, the Academy’s goals are :
– strengthening the learning of foreign languages and the development of intercultural competences, the exchange of lecturers
– the exchange of students in training
– the sharing and readiness of expertises from each partner for education and research
– joint participation to tenders, to research programmes
– pooling of means and educational resources
– delivery of dual diplomas
– the lecturers’ professional and personal validation