– South-east/north-west orientation which favours natural lighting
– The street-like staircase helps with natural ventilation
– Solar panels which cover the flat roof and provide the energy
– A heat pump system running on sea water which covers the total needs for heating the building using renewable energies.
– Outer envelope made of perforated mesh to keep in the winter solar supply, the summer hygrothermic comfort and the optimal natural lighting all year long.
A « sustainable development » building thanks to :
– The environmental innovation: the lowest possible environmental footprint, reduction of the energy consumption, energy autonomy, optimisation of the local water resource, optimisation of the electricity distribution between supply and demand.
– Performance right from the design stage (compact building so less risk of energy loss through the surfaces, tracking of thermal breaks, natural lighting…)
– The scheme spirit is to turn the building into a pedagogical tool by giving it the same internal organization to the one of a ship by using the main features such as sizes, volumes, materials…
– The inner spaces have also been designed according to the ones of a ship where the technical aspect is everywhere: heating, ventilation, water supply or electricity distribution similar to the ones on ships.
– Over 6600 m2 of premises for teaching, living and managing of which :
4 amphitheatres (1 of 192 seats and 3 of 96 seats)
– Specific rooms dedicated to : Electricity, electronics, electrical engineering, automation
– Rooms dedicated to the associations and a space of 150 m2 named « student projects »
– 7 simulators (ECDIS, GMDSS, loading, machine, navigation…)
– 4 multimedia rooms
– Self-study rooms
Social assistant – Le Havre campus
4, rue du Colonel Fabien – T.+33(0)2 35 42 46 03
Le budget global du site est 27.8M€. L’Etat a participé pour 10 M€, la Région Haute Normandie pour 7.8M€ et la Communauté d’agglomération du Havre pour 10M€.
La chambre de commerce et d’industrie du Havre a accordé une subvention de 0.5M€. Le Grand port maritime du Havre a apporté la parcelle de 15000m2 (transfert de gestion).”
Le Havre campus : +33(0)9 70 00 03 80