Le HAVRE campus
A positive energy building :
– South-east/north-west orientation which favours natural lighting
– The street-like staircase helps with natural ventilation
– Solar panels which cover the flat roof and provide the energy
– A heat pump system running on sea water which covers the total needs for heating the building using renewable energies.
– Outer envelope made of perforated mesh to keep in the winter solar supply, the summer hygrothermic comfort and the optimal natural lighting all year long.
A « sustainable development » building thanks to :
– The environmental innovation: the lowest possible environmental footprint, reduction of the energy consumption, energy autonomy, optimisation of the local water resource, optimisation of the electricity distribution between supply and demand.
– Performance right from the design stage (compact building so less risk of energy loss through the surfaces, tracking of thermal breaks, natural lighting…)
– The originality of the school is the pedagogical scheme called « ship in school » which entails a specific design of the premises.
– The scheme spirit is to turn the building into a pedagogical tool by giving it the same internal organization to the one of a ship by using the main features such as sizes, volumes, materials…
– The inner spaces have also been designed according to the ones of a ship where the technical aspect is everywhere: heating, ventilation, water supply or electricity distribution similar to the ones on ships.
– Around 10,000 m2
– Over 6600 m2 of premises for teaching, living and managing of which :
4 amphitheatres (1 of 192 seats and 3 of 96 seats)
– Specific rooms dedicated to : Electricity, electronics, electrical engineering, automation
– Rooms dedicated to the associations and a space of 150 m2 named « student projects »
– 7 simulators (ECDIS, GMDSS, loading, machine, navigation…)
– 4 multimedia rooms
– Self-study rooms
trainings in le HAVRE
SOCIAL MARITIME department
Students can apply for a grant. The Maritime Social Services (SSM), unique social services and specialised in the French maritime world support mariners from their initial training to their retirement. An SSM social worker is present at the start of the school year and is regularly on duty within the premises all along the year :
Social assistant – Le Havre campus
4, rue du Colonel Fabien – T.+33(0)2 35 42 46 03
Students can have lunch at the cafeteria on the campus.
Visale (ex Clé – Caution Locative Etudiante du Crous)
After the update of « Clé » facility (Caution Locative Etudiante) of the Crous, this aid becomes Visale from the « Action logement » entity. This concept is simple and can be done online. However, you must subscribe to an accomodation insurance that is mandatory for non-furnished apartment in France.
This is a standard guarantee for people who don’t have guarantor. This procedure has to be done before the creation of the rent contract.
It is possible to add this aid with the State grant. Do not forget to open the contracts for water, electricity, gaz, internet, … when you obtain the keys of your accomodation.
“Handing-over keys the 11th May 2015, with the presence of co-financiers : State (M.Ory, Deputy prefect), the Conseil régional de Haute Normandie (M. Mayer Rossignol, President), the Codah (M. Philippe, president), the CCI du Havre (M. Vianney de Chalus, President). Missing on this foto, the Grand port maritime du Havre.
The global budget of this campus is 27.8M€. State has participated for 10 M€, Région Haute Normandie for 7.8M€ and CODAH for 10M€.
CCI du Havre has given a subvention of 0.5M€. GPMH has offered the parcel 15000 square meters (management transfer).”
Le Havre campus contact details
10, Quai Frissard 76600 Le Havre, France
Le Havre campus : +33(0)9 70 00 03 80