LE HAVRE campus
Le Havre campus is located at 10 quai Frissard. It is managed by Philippe Livet and Sophie Nevoux is the Educational assistant to Head of campus .
The campus is part of a new urban dynamic on the peninsula of the Citadel which brings together the higher education of the agglomeration.
A positive energy building :
– South-east/north-west orientation which favours natural lighting
– The street-like staircase helps with natural ventilation
– Solar panels which cover the flat roof and provide the energy
– A heat pump system running on sea water which covers the total needs for heating the building using renewable energies.
– Outer envelope made of perforated mesh to keep in the winter solar supply, the summer hygrothermic comfort and the optimal natural lighting all year long.
A « sustainable development » building thanks to :
– The environmental innovation: the lowest possible environmental footprint, reduction of the energy consumption, energy autonomy, optimisation of the local water resource, optimisation of the electricity distribution between supply and demand.
– Performance right from the design stage (compact building so less risk of energy loss through the surfaces, tracking of thermal breaks, natural lighting…)
– The originality of the school is the pedagogical scheme called « ship in school » which entails a specific design of the premises.
– The scheme spirit is to turn the building into a pedagogical tool by giving it the same internal organization to the one of a ship by using the main features such as sizes, volumes, materials…
– The inner spaces have also been designed according to the ones of a ship where the technical aspect is everywhere: heating, ventilation, water supply or electricity distribution similar to the ones on ships.
the Building in numbers
– Around 10,000 m2
– Over 6600 m2 of premises for teaching, living and managing of which :
4 amphitheatres (1 of 192 seats and 3 of 96 seats)
– Specific rooms dedicated to : Electricity, electronics, electrical engineering, automation
– Rooms dedicated to the associations and a space of 150 m2 named « student projects »
– 7 simulators (ECDIS, GMDSS, loading, machine, navigation…)
– 4 multimedia rooms
– Self-study rooms
LE HAVRE campus trainings
MARITIME SOCIAL SERVICE
Students can apply for a grant. The Maritime Social Services (SSM), unique social services and specialised in the French maritime world support mariners from their initial training to their retirement. An SSM social worker is present at the start of the school year and is regularly on duty within the premises all along the year :
Social assistant – Le Havre campus
4, rue du Colonel Fabien – T.+33(0)2 35 42 46 03
Housing / fooding
Students have the possibility to take full meals in the site cafeteria.
AHLOET (Association Havraise pour le LOgement ETudiant)
Since 2010, the AHLOET association was created by the City of Le Havre, the University, EMNormandie, ENSM, Sciences Po, INSA and IFEN in order to alleviate the difficulties encountered by the student population in finding accommodation. The main objective is to facilitate the integration of students in the city by giving them easy access to quality accommodation.
Access the website
Visale scheme (ex Clé – Caution Locative Etudiante du Crous)
This scheme allows tenants to benefit from a classic guarantee for an accommodation for those who do not have the possibility to have a person of their entourage who takes on this role. Visale then acts as a “guarantor” for the future tenant.
Access the website
Colibree is a platform for Intergenerational Cohabitation, for students looking for a room to rent.
Go to the website
“Handover of the keys on 11 May 2015, in the presence of the co-financiers of the building: the State (Mr. Sous-Préfet Ory), the Regional Council of Haute Normandie (Mr. President Mayer Rossignol), the Codah (Mr. President Philippe), the CCI of Le Havre (Mr. President Vianney de Chalus). Absent from the photo is the Grand Port Maritime du Havre.
The global budget of the site is 27.8M€. The State participated for 10 M€, the Haute Normandie Region for 7.8 M€ and the Communauté d’agglomération du Havre for 10 M€.
The Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Le Havre has granted a subsidy of €0.5M. The Grand Port Maritime du Havre contributed the 15,000m2 plot of land (management transfer).
French Maritime Academy in Le Havre
Site ENSM du Havre – 10, Quai Frissard – 76600 Le Havre, France
French maritime academy in Le Havre
10, Quai Frissard 76600 Le Havre, France
Le Havre campus : +33(0)9 70 00 03 80
Discover the Bural (Students associations) of Le Havre Campus.
Download the Etudiant Guide – Le Havre