General conditions for obtaining financial aid
Grants are awarded according to the criteria set by the arrêté du 24 juin 2013 (journal officiel de la république française du 3 juillet 2013).
Higher education scholarships relative to social criteria, from the State to the French Maritime Academy students (ENSM), can be awarded to candidates who have passed the admission exam in this School and are registered for initial training curriculum for a school year.
Financial aid based on social criteria is offered to students whose meet the following conditions ; nationality, age, studies level, diploma, income, attendance :
– French students,
– Students from Andorra with a French education,
– Foreign students, nationals from a member state of the European Union or from another state part of the European Economic Area or from Switzerland providing they meet the following requirements:
– Having worked full time or part time in France. It must be real and effective work whether receiving a salary or not.
– Or show proof of one parent’s or legal tutor’s income in France. Or establish a certain degree of integration in France.The degree of integration will be assessed according to how long the applicant has spent in France (a minimum stay of one year is required), his or her school years in France or family ties in/with France. This is obviously not required if the student can prove he or she has been living in France for five years in a row.
– Foreign students with the refugee and stateless status, recognized by the French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons (OFPRA).
– Foreign students who have been living in France for at least two years and whose father, mother or legal tutor has been filing his or her tax return in France for at least two years.
Students who are 28 or less on September 1st of the school year are eligible when applying for the first time. The age limit can be postponed depending on the time spent doing public utility work, voluntary work in the Army or civil voluntary work. The age limit is postponed by one year per raised child. From the age of 28 onwards, scholarship students must not interrupt their studies to remain eligible.
To be awarded financial aid, you must register to be a full time student and follow the initial training curriculum at the National Maritime College (ENSM).
To be awarded financial aid, you must hold a french baccalaureate (or a similar diploma that exempts this diploma) in order to register for the firtst degree of this School. This criteria isn’t mandatory for the second year, if the first school year is validated.
The income taken into account is most of the time the income declared on the family’s tax return. If necessary, income earned abroad is also taken into account.The income of the year -2 is the one taken into account for the present school year, with a few exceptions, as well as the living expenses of the student and his family.
The attendance to educational activities planned in the curriculum (work placement and presence to the reglementary exams) is mandatory for obtaining financial aid.
People who cannot benefit from financial aid:
– Civil servants trainees, public civil servants with a permanent contract from the state or from a hospital, working or on paid or unpaid leave.
– unemployed people actively seeking a job and entitled to benefits and/or people entitled to paid study leave except for people having signed a contract with the state to become a teacher while receiving financial help.
– Apprentices who earn a salary or people on paid study leave.
PLANNING / School year 2020 – 2021
Commission which will study the applications of L2, L3, OCQPI 2, OCQPI 3, M1N, ERWO 2 and 3 will meet on 26 June 2020.
Submission of applications until 15 may 2020 for the future students. Because of the sanitary context, applications will be accepted until 5 June 2020.
Commission which will study the applications of L1, ERWO 1, OCQPI 1, L3 marine engineering, M1 engineer-level seafarer will meet on 24 September 2020.
Submission of applications until 31 July 2020 for the future students :
1st year of the engineer-level seafarer programme
1st year of the engineer officer programme
1st year of the International deck watchkeeping officer programme (OCQPI).
Submission of applications until 31 August 2020 for the future students :
L3 marine engineering course (from banque PT).
M1 marine engineering (from L3 Marseille or external License)
Commission which will study the applications 2021 of M2N will meet on 28 January 2021.
Submission of applications until 27 November 2020
Send your financial aid application to the Maritime Social Service relative to the campus where you will study. Addresses are mentioned below :
Social Maritime Service Le Havre
Social Assistant : Mme Valérie BAUMANN
4 Rue du Colonel Fabien – 76600 Le Havre – France
Phone : +33(0)184.108.40.206.03
Social Maritime Service Marseille
Social Assistant: Mme Eva GARDELLI
29, rue St Ferréol-13001 Marseille – France
Phone : +33(0)4 91 70 10 56
Social Maritime Service Saint-Malo
Social Assistant: Mme Marie VATINEL
Délégation Mer et Littoral – Bâtiment Infinity
3 Rue du Bois Herveau – 35400 SAINT-MALO
Phone : +33(0)2 90 57 40 90
Social Maritime Service Nantes
Social Assistant: Mme Stéphanie RADENAC
11 Rue Arsène Leloup – 44100 Nantes
Phone : +33(0)2 40 84 24 53