PERFECTIONNEMENT OPÉRATEUR EN POSITIONNEMENT DYNAMIQUE
WHOM IT CONCERNS
All officers in charge of a navigational watch of 500 gross tonnage or more and all officers in charge of an engineering watch on ships powered by main propulsion machinery of 750kW or more who wish to become a DP operator or acquire the basic knowledge of the system.
– 60 days of navigation after obtaining DP Induction course certificate
– Updated DP log book
– Confirmation letter from the shipowner
This training course (Master course) is part of the three training phases in the procedure of issuing the Dynamic Positioning Operator certificate.
28 hours / 5 days
Number of trainees
Minimum 3 / Maximum 4
Elaborated according to the Nautical Institute’s instructions, recommended by the IMO MSC/Circular 738 June 24, 1996
– Practical operation of the DP system on simulator class BB
– DP operations and Simulator (DPS) simulated DP operations
– DP Alarms (simulated breakdowns), errors, incidents et failures, and emergency procedures
– To apply the knowledge acquired during the induction course and the 60 DP sea time days prior to the simulator training
ASSESSMENT : TEST AT END OF TRAINING
Yes, with an updated Nautical Institute logbook
ACCREDITATION LEADING TO THE DELIVERY OF AN STCW CERTIFICATE
Asked about their training in DPO at the French Maritime Academy (ENSM), the trainees were satisfied at 100%.