All candidates likely to operate survival craft.
Be the holder of a medical certificate from the seafarers’ doctor mentioning the ability to navigate not older than 12 months.
To hold the accreditation for the operation of survival craft
5 days (34 hours)
Number of trainees
Minimum 5 / Maximum 8
– Decree dated 26 July 2013 relating to the delivery of the certificate of proficiency in survival craft as well as the certificate of proficiency in the operation of fast rescue boats.
– STCW section VI/2 §2 and table A-VI/2.2
Theory and practical training related to the following competences :
– Be in charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during and after launching
– Operate the craft’s engine
– Supervise the survivors and manage the survival craft after abandoning the vessel
– Use the positioning devices.
CESAME in Saint-Malo
End of training assessment
Accreditation leading to the delivery of an STCW certificate
Asked about their training in CAEERS at the French Maritime Academy (ENSM), the trainees were satisfied at 100%.